What’s the Difference Between Tens and Ems?
Are you in trouble due to muscle pain or chronic nerve pain? It is the right time to ensure complete relief treatment with TENS and EMS systems. Experts reveal that these devices ensure drug-free, non-addictive and instant relief from nerve pains.
Although both these units are designed to offer a powerful solution for pain therapy; there are few basic differences in their features and performance level. In this article, we are going to discuss the major difference between iTouch EMS and TENS medical device to improve your knowledge base. This information will help you to choose the right unit to get relief from pain.
What is an EMS unit?
EMS stands for Electric Muscle Stimulation, and it is a process of applying external electric pulses or charge to the affected portion of the body through EMS machine that leads to muscle contractions. Note that, the device electrodes are carefully placed on the painful part of the skin and then an electric charge is passed inside that helps to charge the muscle fibres. This process leads to muscle contraction.
Many expert medical health professionals recommend EMS systems to the patients to get instant relief from muscular pain. It works by reducing the edema and muscle spasms that are the prime cause behind the loss of function, discomfort and muscle pain as well. Some professionals also prefer to use these devices in clinical settings and recommend for home as well. EMS systems can help you treat the following conditions:
- If you recently had surgery and doctors need to prevent trouble in your lower legs.
- In case if the patient has lost motion due to some major illness or injury.
- When your muscles are suffering from lack of tone or are getting weaker.
- Muscles need to be re-educated or stimulated to improve functionality.
- If a person suffers from poor blood circulation or muscle spasms.
What is a TENS unit?
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation; it is a popular pain relief therapy that makes use of electrical impulses to provide complete relief from pain. It doesn’t make use of narcotics or drugs rather the electric pulses transferred to the human body try to interfere with the pain signals sent by the affected part of the body to the brain. TENS system also promotes the production of endorphins in the body that provide complete relief from the pain signals with natural electronic stimulation.
TENS unit is designed with a wide range of programs and modes that can be selected by the user as per need. Below we have highlighted a few conditions that demand TENS unit for treatment:
- If you are suffering from chronic or acute pain.
- Can be used to treat cancer pain.
- TENS unit can prevent the discomfort associated with migraines, bursitis, tendonitis and surgery as well.
- It can be used to treat the pain after post-operative incision.
- It is suitable for patients suffering from arthritis.
- Can provide relief during the wound healing process.
With all such benefits, the iTouch Relief Device becomes the best choice to control pain. Patients need not visit physicians every time; they can avail desired treatment while sitting at home with their personal, low cost yet effective equipment.